Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Phone Conversation with My Mom

 

I've been trying to call my mom more often lately . . . because . . . well . . . because I still can.  Only thing . . . my mom is not much into shooting the breeze, so unless I have something significant to say, our conversation will sometimes go like this:

Me: Hi! 

Mom:  Hi, Ms. Jalna. What's up?

Me: Nothing much. How you doing?

Mom: Oh, same-o, same-o. We're fine. 

Me: That's good . . .

Mom: Colin's here. Talk to Colin. Colin!! Come talk to Aunty Jalna.

Me:  Uh . . .


9 comments:

Annie said...

Lol! At least she doesn't hang up on you like my mom used too!

Anonymous said...

Is it a generational thing? My mom is like that too. What's worse is she just hangs up when she's finished with no "goodbye." We've told her so many times and all she says is she doesn't have much to say on the phone. She could say "bye" before she hangs up!
v

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That sounds like the conversations I had with my parents. But treasure them, because you will surely miss it when they’re gone.
Hugs to you Jalna. ❤️

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Lol! So typical Japanese style. Nevah mind. It is what it is, and it is good.

K and S said...

aw still so good to check up on her:)

Mark Shelby said...

It was so hard to call my Mom! Because she never even knew where she was! It made me cry!

Susan said...

Lol, my dad always had lots to say and could go on and on. My mom (in law) who visits a few months each year can go on and on too, repeating the same stories each year but I always pretend I heard it for the first time!🤣

jalna said...

Annie, yah!

V, too funny.

Izsmom, hugs back!!

Aunty, I agree.

Kat, makes me feel better at least.

Mark, awww, so sad.

Susan, LOL.

Leslie's pics said...

ahahahahaaaa!