Friday, August 14, 2020

Dd's Lemon Feta Scallops with Spinach

Didi says:  This sauce is da bomb !! I ended up making a 2nd batch and used on the shrimp for the caesar salad (photo at bottom), and then I ate with tofu salad !!


scallops with spinach


LEMON FETA SCALLOPS WITH SPINACH

 

*Sauce: 

6 TB olive oil

½ tsp. lemon zest

1/4 c fresh lemon juice

1/4 c feta cheese, crumbled

1 TB agave nectar or honey

Salt and freshly cracked black pepper 


Scallops: 

1 large onion, thinly sliced

½ c green onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 TB butter

1 TB olive oil

1 # fresh baby spinach 

1 ½# jumbo scallops, patted dry

Salt, white pepper

Garnish: chopped green onion, crumbled feta cheese

 

Sauce: In a blender; puree oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, feta cheese, and agave nectar. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside. 


In a skillet over medium heat; saute onion, green onions, and garlic in olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes. Add spinach; season with salt and pepper. Stir until just wilted. Transfer into mixing bowl; keep warm.  Wipe out pan and return to stove 

over medium-high heat.  Brush scallops with remaining 2 TB oil; season with salt and pepper. Add any leftover oil to pan.


Sear scallops until they easily release and have browned; about 3 minutes. Turn scallops and sear until cooked through, 2-3 minutes.  For service; place spinach mixture among plates and top with scallops and drizzle with sauce. Garnish as desired. 


*Option: Double recipe and toss sauce with pasta, add to mashed potatoes or use as salad dressing for service. Serves 2-4. 

 


caesar salad with shrimp

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehhh, since you still neva give me her address, I going knock on every single door until I find her. When I finally find her, I going be hunnnngry!
v

Honolulu Aunty said...

Sauce is my favorite part of a meal. This one is winnah!

Susan said...

Shrimp -my favorite! Feta-not so much, still looks really yum!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks really delicious!

Izsmom

K and S said...

wow!

jalna said...

V, you so funny!!

Aunty, mine too!

Susan, feta's not my fave either, but I still think I'd like this.

Izsmom, wickedly.

Kat, I agree!

Leslie's pics said...

uuuuu gotta try this one!!