Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Eri's Crab Rice


I blogged about this dish 9 years ago, and it is by far my most viewed recipe. I thought I'd repost it for those of you who might've missed it. 

crab rice

IMG_7619

Pat 3 cups of cooked rice in a 9 x 13 inch pan.  Sprinkle with furikake.


Combine the following and layer on top of the rice:
1 can crab
1 package imitation crab, separated and shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
3 stalks green onion, chopped
1/4 cup tobiko

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  If it doesn't brown, place under a broiler for a few minutes.

9 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Yum! Thanks for re-posting.

Anonymous said...

Yum! Haven’t eaten this in awhile.

Izsmom

K and S said...

ooh sounds like crab dip :) instead of rice must be good with crackers too!

Anonymous said...

Would you believe, 1st time I ate something similar was in Las Vegas! Our friend took us to a small Japanese restaurant years ago and this was their specialty. So ono.
Just what I need, more rice recipes. Oink Oink. I just cooked a pot of Kat's ume takigomi gohan.
v

Susan said...

I used this recipe back then but changed the topping to canned salmon. I made it for a church function and Ppl’s eyes popped like Mark Weins (check YouTube) when he eats really delicious food .😁

jalna said...

Aunty, welcome.

Izsmom, me too!

Kat, yesssss.

V, my recent lab results were borderline elevated so rice gotta go for me. 😢

Susan, that sounds so good! Going check out Mark Weins now. LOL.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Jalna, try cooking rice dishes, then refrigerate them, then reheat to eat. Refrigerating rice makes it become a resistant starch - which is very good for your gut buddies and bypasses turning into bad sugars in your tummy.

jalna said...

Aunty, I remember you saying that. Going try. Thanks!

Erick said...

My mouth is watering.