So here's the finished char siu. I kinda went overboard with the meat for the photo and didn't even wait for the broth to get poured in. It was melt-in-the-mouth tender.
holy moly...when i buy from Nijiya...i slice R E A L L Y thin and portion out in freezer....use very sparingly ... i like make now ... where da pork belly from ?
I never knew chashu was a rolled slab of pork belly. Oh no, now I can taste the melt in my mouth fatty pork yumminess! I miss eat in restaurants. Take out just isn’t the same!
kokuuma
-
you often see the word koku (rich) paired with the word uma (tasty)
whenever people are describing a savory foodthey'll say it is
"kokuuma"well, I needed e...
Downwinding 10-04-2026
-
Wind: Trades
Trades are light but looks good enough!
The road to riches!
pc: Braddah Eric
Energy on high!
Can!
A good run for me!
Brad...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
10 comments:
holy moly...when i buy from Nijiya...i slice R E A L L Y thin and portion out in freezer....use very sparingly ... i like make now ... where da pork belly from ?
looks absolutely onolicious. Do you know how much they sell chasu pork for at Nijiya???
I think I should try make some too!
v
Dat looks supah onolicious!
Izsmom
Dd, Wendell got the pork belly from Costco.
V, I've bought from Nijiya! Small piece.
Izsmom, thanks!
Terribly delicious looking! Now I want to eat ramen with the fixings.
was it salty at all? It looks like it woulda been....but i still like try
Funny, I was wondering where the shido, since it was a ramen dish. Then I read the caption. Nijiya got good quality items, love the place.
yum!
Aunty, LOL, I like eat again too.
Les, maybe you would think it's salty. For me, it's more shoyu-y.
Chet, it was Landon's bowl, so I hurried to take a picture so he wouldn't have to wait.
Kat, yes!
I never knew chashu was a rolled slab of pork belly. Oh no, now I can taste the melt in my mouth fatty pork yumminess! I miss eat in restaurants. Take out just isn’t the same!
Post a Comment