Friday, May 1, 2020

My Linguine with Clam Sauce


Here's a simple made-up recipe of mine. We were missing parsley, but lacking any better ideas for dinner, I made it anyway.

IMG_4287

First I boiled a box of linguine in some water, drained and set it aside.  Then I melted a block of butter in a pan with choke minced garlic. Maybe 1/2 block butter is good enough . . . not sure. I threw in 3 cans of this chopped clams with the juice into the butter/garlic. Then I cooked on medium/high until the sauce reduced and wasn't so watery looking. Normally, if I had parsley I would add a whole chopped-up bunch here. We did have some left-over shiitake mushrooms so I put that in. Lastly, I threw in the cooked pasta. Landon did a taste test and added a little bit of my sister's Dd's Season All. You can add your favorite all-purpose seasoning instead. 

IMG_4290

Not to brag but . . . it was gooooooood!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh! Clam linguini, yummy!

Izsmom

Kay said...

This looks so amazing! Your sister’s Season All is just the best! This is my daughter’s favorite. I will send her your blog post.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Butter and garlic - the world's best combo, imo.

jalna said...

Izsmom, we haven't had it in ages. Don't really know why. Just forgot I think.

Kay, great!

Aunty, I agree!!

Chet Colson said...

That's not bragging, it's confidence that you created a delicious dish and self assurance in your culinary skills. Btw, bet you can make a killer Fetuccine Alfredo..

K and S said...

sounds delicious!

jalna said...

Chet, LOL, thanks but really . . . I no more culinary skills.

Kat, thanks!

Susan said...

Brag on!! I wanna eat that!

Leslie's pics said...

Pretty soon you and Wendell can have a cook off :)