Saturday, May 2, 2020

Snickers Cheesecake Brownie


About a week ago Wendell bought a massive 3-pound block of cream cheese from Costco. He was planning on making some clam dip, but unfortunately, somebody used up all of his clams. Oops!

I searched online for recipes calling for cream cheese so that I could make use of some of that brick that's taking up a considerable amount of space in the 'fridge.

I found a recipe from Yummly website that can be found here. It caught my eye because I could use up a half bag of Snickers (Wendell's favorite) that's been on our counter for awhile.

I halved the recipe, but I mucked up because I chose to use an 8 x 8 inch pan which proved to be a bit too small, making the brownie thicker than it's supposed to be.  

It took 1 hour to bake which is almost twice the recommended amount of time. But . . .  in the end, it still came out hella ono.

DSCF0703
INGREDIENTS
CHEESECAKE FILLING:
  • 2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
  •  tsp. vanilla extract 
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 1 cup sugar 

INSTRUCTIONS
CHEESECAKE FILLING:
  1. Mix cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
  2. Pour over cookie dough crust layer and cover with remaining dough.
  3. Sprinkle Snickers Baking Bites on top. Bake as directed above.



    Half Recipe

    Crust/Topping
    1 block butter, softened
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp. vanilla extract

    Sift and add: 
    1 3/4 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt

    Cream Cheese Filling
    8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 egg
    1/2 cup white sugar

    1 10 oz. package Snickers

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh my! That looks so decadent and I put on 10 lbs just looking at it.

Izsmom

jalna said...

Izsmom, it is abunai delicious. LOL.

Susan said...

Haha, abunai delicious! That means gotta try this recipe!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh oh. Everything heavenly in one recipe.

Chet Colson said...

Wow, a mean looking cheesecake brownie with Snickers. Glad you got to put the candy to good use.

K and S said...

evil goodness!

jalna said...

Susan, good luck! Maybe try 9 x 9 inch pan.

Aunty, there are 4 pieces left today. After jumping on the scale this morning, I promised myself not to touch any of um.

Chet, I was happy to finally get that Snickers bag off the counter!

Kat, sooooo evil!!

Leslie's pics said...

ABUNAIIIIIIIIIIII!!