Thursday, May 21, 2020

Kim Chee Burger


I needed to make use of some kim chee that wasn't getting eaten, and friend Cleta recommended making patties.

It came out good! So clever.
IMG_4443

With Cleta advising me, here's what I did.  Drain almost full bottle of kim chee and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze the liquid out. Chop. I also chopped up some shiitake mushrooms. Add to 1 1/2 pound-ish of ground pork (or chicken). Add one egg, minced garlic, salt and a dusting of flour. Form into patties and fry. Pretty simple, yah.
IMG_4440

Thanks Cleta!!

7 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

Looks good. I'll remember this recipe.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Good one! I always end up throwing away my old kimchee - the one in the squarish bottle with the green top from Korea.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delish and healthy with the kim chee veggies in there.

Izsmom

jalna said...

Gigi, hope you get to try it.

Aunty, it's interesting how the sourness goes away in the burger.

Izsmom, ono too!

Susan said...

Wow, I see all the yummy goodness in the pan coming out of the burgers. Since I’m not much of a burger person I would make a gravy with the drippings, thicken it up and pour it over rice! (With kimchee on the side) haha

K and S said...

mmm!

jalna said...

Susan, LOL.

Kat, good, easy recipe!