Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Butter Cookies

Wendell bought too much powdered sugar for I-don't-remember-what so I decided to make some butter cookies with them. 

Actually, I wanted to take photos so that I could fuss around in that Keynote app again.  It's a pretty amazing program with lots of controls and options to click on.  It's fun discovering all the different things that can be done.

The recipe in the video is for a double batch of cookies because that's what I made.  The salt should be 1/2 teaspoon for a double recipe (I put 1/4).  

My typed recipe below is for a single batch.

Butter Cookies

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream butter.
Add sugar gradually.
Add unbeaten egg and vanilla.
Add sifted dry ingredients.
Make into rolls and refrigerate or freeze.

Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. 

11 comments:

Susan said...

Love your vids!

jalna said...

Susan, I'm having fun making them!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Ooooh - looks so good! I want to eat several of them with a cold glass of milk.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...love butter cookies! Looks so good.


Izsmom

K and S said...

you are getting good at these videos:)

jalna said...

Aunty, they're hard to stay away from.

Izsmom, me too!

Kat, thanks!

rtkmatsu said...

I enjoyed this!

jalna said...

Hey Ryan!! ❤️

Leslie's pics said...

do you think they will be ok to roll out and cut? Like instead of making sugar cookies and decorating, I can make butter cookies? Just a thought, It might be yummy

Erick said...

Love the video!

jalna said...

Les, maybe can roll out between two wax papers. That would be so cute!

Erick, thanks!!