Thursday, February 4, 2021

Bread "Rolls"

My sister Geri has been into bread making lately so I felt like making some too.  I imagined myself having fun and getting great satisfaction while kneading the dough. 

But tell me . . .  seriously . . . how are you supposed to knead something like this?  It was not satisfying at all.  It was totally ANNOYING.

IMG_6717

After kneading I was supposed to separate the dough into six pieces and roll each into a small log and then coil them with the tails nicely tucked in the middle. Forget that. I barely managed to divide the dough into six pieces and then plop them into a loaf pan.

Here it is after the dough rose.  I admit, seeing the dough rise was kinda satisfying.
IMG_6718

And after it baked, it did look good.
IMG_6723

And it tasted good too.  Yippee!  But I'm not sure if I'll be making this again. 
IMG_6725

Here's Maangchi showing how it's supposed to be done.  Easily.  So annoying. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it must have smelled onolicious while baking!
Never tried baking either but if you ever need a taster, I volunteer!
v

jalna said...

V, LOL. It did smell good.

Anonymous said...

You brave! I probably would have dumped the dough. LOL BUT, the end product looked scrumptious and fluffy!


Izsmom

K and S said...

at least it tasted good:)

Susan said...

So funny! I tried to make malasadas a couple days ago from a recipe online and their dough wasn’t sticking to their fingers while I had to put tons of flour on mine. Good thing it tasted good (not as good as Leonard’s) or I would have beat that dough to death!

Honolulu Aunty said...

There is nothing as good as bread straight from the oven. Too much work for me. The cook is cute and funny!

Akiko said...

Have you made no-knead bread? So easy!

jalna said...

Izsmom, luckily I chose a recipe that only made a little.

Kat, yah.

Susan, so funny!

Aunty, love the smell of bread baking.

Akiko, maybe I'll try that next time.

Leslie's pics said...

i'm beginning to think all of these videos are lying. total crap. i've wasted so much flour in the past six months it's crazy

Erick said...

Glad it came out, it looks sticky.

jalna said...

Les, I wonder if those bread makers have some secret that they're not sharing with us.

Erick, so annoying.