Sunday, February 7, 2021

Cheese Bread with Jalapeños

I fussed around with the Keynote app on my computer.  It felt totally foreign to me and after stumbling around for awhile I came up with this presentation. The fact that I did end up with a workable video actually surprised me. 

And the fact that I ended up with an edible cheese bread was also a surprise.  My dough never did rise . . . not at the initial 90-minute rest and not at the second 30-minute one. It was looking like I was going to end up with burrito nuggets instead of bread. 

But surprise, surprise!  It came out okay.  And ono too.  

Cheese Bread

I got the recipe from this YouTube video and used jalapeños instead of onions.




Stir:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Add:
1/2 cup warm milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 large egg, room temperature

Mix for 5 minutes.  Cover and rest for 90 minutes.

Flatten and roll out dough to 16-inch diameter.  Spread on butter.  Sprinkle 1 cup or more of grated cheddar cheese and jalapeños.  Cut into triangle wedges and roll up.

Place pieces in an 8 x 8 inch baking pan, cover and let rise 30 minutes. Brush on an egg wash and sprinkle with more grated cheese. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! You’re so ambitious.

Izsmom

jalna said...

Izsmom, I'll tell you a secret. Sometimes I feel useless, and that's what motivates me.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looks delicious! I think I would want it with green onions because jalapenos are too hot for me.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jalna! You are definitely not useless.
My goodness, your blog brightens up my day. I always look forward to what you’re going to share.

Izsmom

jalna said...

Aunty, I left some of the wedges plain for me but I lost track of where they were. LOL.

Izsmom, awwww, thank you!

Susan said...

I like how your pages turn in the video. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a vid turn top to bottom like that. Soon you can monetize your videos.

K and S said...

looks so good!

jalna said...

Susan, the Keynote app has a lot of neat transitions to choose from.

Kat, surprised me at the end. It didn't really rise until the last 5 minutes or so.

Anonymous said...

bread <3 jalapeno <3 cheese <3 bread + jalapeno + cheese <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
v

jalna said...

V, hahahahahaha!!!

Leslie's pics said...

oooh I think I may try this one!

Erick said...

The bread looks so yummy.

jalna said...

Leslie, I might try make this one again.

Erick, go try make!!