Friday, February 26, 2021

KOHA Foods Spicy Takuan


My siblings and I like to share photos of our meals with each other, and recently this was one of Didi's breakfast plates.  I asked about the takuan.

imagejpeg_0-1

It's this. KOHA Foods Spicy Takuan.  Didi said that she usually gets it from Times, but I found mine at Longs.  I like it a lot.  As Didi puts it, it's very "ko choo jangy". 
IMG_7090 2

It's like a Korean Japanese blend of flavors.  
IMG_7086 2

Here are the ingredients.
IMG_7088 2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...I gotta try. We love spicy and takuan!


Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

I love spicy takuan!!! Usually I get mine from Aja as a large side order of vegetables or at Palama Market. My favorite was the bottled one that all the markets used to sell - was it No Ka Oi brand? - but they closed down and I was so sad.

I shall look for this brand, thanks!!!

K and S said...

looks a little too spicy for me

jalna said...

Izsmom, I think you'll like it!

Aunty, I like Aja!

Susan said...

Mmm, I love takuan. I saw white pickled ones at the store this morning. I might try it when I’m done with my yellow one.

jalna said...

Kat, I can't handle too spicy too, and this takuan is on the edge for me. Mostly it's okay, but once in awhile . . . whew!

Susan, I like those white ones too!