Saturday, February 6, 2021

Time-Lapse Drawing

A couple of weeks ago Kat from Our Adventures in Japan posted this photo that she took of a liquor store in a neighborhood in Tokyo called Chuo. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 11.03.58 AM

I thought it would be cool to try to draw the picture and wondered if I could document the progress in a video.  I realized real fast that without a proper setup (tripod, etc.) it would be pretty impossible.  Plus, the video would probably end up being too long and boring. 

I decided to take intermittent photos of my progress instead and put them together in a video.  The drawing took me 2 days to do, so taking photos in the changing light was a problem, but not a biggy. 

This was maybe the funnest video project that I've done so far.  I learned so much.  

I did the title for the video in Keynote which is a presentation software application that is included with my Mac.  I never even knew what it was before. I learned about it from a beginner tutorial for iMovie on YouTube.

I learned how to insert a "camera click" sound between my photos in the video.  It is one of many sound effects that is included with iMovie.  Even the music that I used is from the sound effects list.  

I also learned how to "crop to fit" so that my photos would more or less generally stay in the same location relative to each other. 

Anyway, here's the video.  It's really short.  Only 36 seconds.  Enjoy!  😄


Liquor Store Drawing

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Artist, director, producer, camerawoman......action!!!! So cool.
Aloha,
Bonny ogg

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! You are so talented. You should sell your artwork!

Izsmom

Ainakoa said...

Been watching your progress in painting and drawing. Dammm Jalna you're getting really really good !!!!

Honolulu Aunty said...

SO cool! One of the (many) benefits of Covid is that you are doing a lot of art painting and sketching, as well as learning to be a video producer. A new phase of creative life for Jalna!

Li said...

So cool! Wow! You really like doing all those small details. Reminds me of Waipahu Aunty's old store by the sugar mill.

Susan said...

Whoa, your talent just keeps increasing!

K and S said...

so cool!

Anonymous said...

super awestruck by the drawing, the video, sound effects, WOW!!!!
v

Chet Colson said...

Perfect sound track to the videos. Btw, very good sketch.

jalna said...

Bonny, LOL.

Izsmom, thank you!

Ainakoa, I keep trying.

Aunty, it does feel like a new phase and it's fun.

Li, drawing small details used to be annoying to me, but I'm learning to enjoy it.

Susan, hahahaha, little by little. It's already around 3 year since I started drawing and painting. So fast.

V, thanks! So much to learn.

Chet, thank you!!

Leslie's pics said...

I'm loving all of your video stuff! I gotta look up keynote. I had no idea what that was either. I liked the camera click too, so cute!

Erick said...

Great drawing and video!

jalna said...

Les, that Keynote can do neat stuff!! I learn from YouTube tutorials.

Erick, thanks!!