Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Cheese and Onion Buns

I wanted to do another 4K video so I made cheese bread again . . . this time with onions . . .  because I didn't have any more jalapeños.  

I found that it's not so easy cooking and filming by yourself.  It's totally different from just stopping and taking a shot with your camera.  The hardest part is not really knowing if you're in focus and in frame.  But I did have a lot of fun making and editing the video. 

YouTube's 4K High Definition processing for this 3 GB video took over 2 hours.  Make sure it says "4K" in red on the wheel icon in the lower right hand corner to get its full benefit! 

Now, about the recipe.  It came out a little oilier than I like this time.  If I make it again, I probably wouldn't slather on butter before sprinkling on the cheese and maybe just do an egg wash on top instead of adding on even more cheese.  



Cheese and Onion Buns

Slice half an onion and sauté.  Set aside. 

Stir:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Add:
1/2 cup warm milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 large egg, room temperature

Mix for 5 minutes.  Cover and rest for 90 minutes.

Flatten and roll out dough to 16-inch diameter.  Spread on butter.  Sprinkle 1 cup or more of grated cheddar cheese and onions.  (Throw in some pieces of sliced ham too!)  Cut into triangle wedges and roll up.

Place pieces in an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.  Top with more grated cheese, cover and let rise 30 minutes. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

12 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

That looks onolicious!

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Try add da salt? lol. Looks ono, and very enjoyable to watch!

mmiissee said...

Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling! Yah add ham, and jalapeno!
v

jalna said...

Mich, go try make!!

Izsmom, thanks.

Aunty, LOL.

Hey Mmiissee!!

V, woulda been so good.

K and S said...

ham, boiled egg or tuna...looks so ono!

jalna said...

Kat, oh yah!!

Susan said...

Wow, I want to try this!

jalna said...

Susan, hope you get to try someday!

Caroline in SF said...

“Try to add salt.” 😆 Really enjoying your videos! You should be a YouTube star! I like how your cooking video is so much more like real life; the salt is caked because you live in a humid place, there are tons of dishes to do after cooking/baking etc. Thank you!

jalna said...

Caroline, thanks! I'm having fun making them even though I'm not really a cook.