Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Shirakiku Frozen Mixed Vegetables

Wendell bought this from Chef Zone.  I was so surprised . . . it tasted good. And it was only $4.84. 

IMG_6058 2

Wendell added pork and shiitake mushrooms plus the ingredients below.  I think it actually didn't have carrots, but it could be that I just didn't take any for my bowl . . . not a fan of cooked carrots.  It definitely didn't have any of the peas that are in the picture. But still, I think it was worth the price. 
IMG_6057 2

Wendell's sauce:
2 cups water plus 1 pack of dashi powder
3 tbs. sugar
2 tbs. mirin
1/2 tsp. salt 
1/3 cup shoyu

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that pack too. I put in my curry with kabocha. Trying to copy the curry with mixed vegetables from Coco Ichiban
v

Anonymous said...

I love nishime. Do you know if the ingredients are from China or Japan? I am wary of products from China. But, so many products now are from China.

Izsmom

K and S said...

cheap! looks ono.

Honolulu Aunty said...

I love nishime now that I am an adult. Used to hate it when I was a child. And good to know how this package was good stuff. Thank you!

Chet Colson said...

I've never been to the Chef Zone. Theye must have a nice selection of Asian food. I love lotus root.

Susan said...

Mmm, good tasting & quick meals are the best!

Annie said...

Looks 'ono

jalna said...

V, mixed with curry and kabocha! Sounds so interesting!

Izsmom, I didn't even think to check the package. I figured since it was Shirakiku brand it was from Japan, but that's not necessarily true, yah. Me too, I no trust food from China.

Kat, surprised me.

Aunty, I love nishime now too.

Chet, I haven't been there for awhile, but Wendell's been going there on his way back from golfing.

Susan, quick is always good!

Annie, surprising yah.