Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Bright Idea

A few days ago I remembered that I have these watercolor powders that I paid a pretty penny for ($25) and hardly ever use. 

So I decided to try and make paint with one of them.

IMG_5996

I chose fuchsia.

IMG_5998

Look what happened with I added a few drops of the gum arabic to the powder.  Whoa!IMG_6002

I used a toothpick to blend instead of my finger.  I didn't wanna end up with a fuchsia finger.IMG_6004 2

Here it is after I added water.  I didn't like it.  Not quite sure why.  It didn't make me feel soothed and peaceful like how I feel when I use the Japanese powder.  I couldn't wait to sop it up with a paper towel and clean off the dish. 

IMG_6008

3 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Maybe gotta use da fingah, lol.

Susan said...

Too funny! Looks bloody.

K and S said...

seems similar to the pigments I used to use to color frosting, you only need to use a little or else the color will be really dark.