Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Crayola Paintbrushes

I got these Crayola paintbrushes from the swap meet awhile back.  I think they were $2.  My plan was to use them instead of my more expensive brushes with acrylic paints. 

I discovered them again while organizing my supplies the other day. I had forgotten about them.  I tested them out and was so surprised.  They're good!  The bristles are soft with a pointy tip that outlines well.  It has a firmness that keeps it from getting too floppy yet holds a good amount of paint. 

Looks like they sell for only $3.99 for a 4-pack at Target. I'm missing the smallest brush from the pack.

IMG_6248

4 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

What a nice surprise! I wonder if they will be good for applying glazes and/or underglazes to ceramic pieces. I use the cheapo ones from Ross and they aren't very good - but then I am still learning so it is probably me needing to use them more.

jalna said...

Aunty, I think they'll work really well.

K and S said...

nice rediscovery!

jalna said...

Kat, I'm tempted to go to Target and get me another set.