Saturday, December 5, 2020

Nihonga Painting

I guess you can call this a Nihonga painting because except for the gum arabic, I kinda used "traditional" methods. 

I used rice paper that I found at the swap meet awhile back. 

IMG_6011

Included in the same box was this white paint.
IMG_6007

It looks like this. 
IMG_6037 2

There was also a bunch of bamboo brushes, a ceramic palette and a lot of dishes of Kissho Gansai paint. There was actually so much stuff that I gave half to my former coworker, CQ.  It was a good score that Sweetie pointed out to me.  I would have totally missed it.
IMG_6010 2

8 comments:

K and S said...

so pretty!

Anonymous said...

J: dang girl you are so talented you make beautiful stuff and you could decorate your house with your designs. So blessed !-N

Kay said...

I'm impressed. This is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love your painting!

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

What a score! And very nice painting!

jalna said...

Kat, thanks!

N, awww, thank you.

Kay, I'm liking these new paints.

Izsmom, thanks!

Aunty, thank you. I never really used the supplies before. Only stored them away. LOL.

Susan said...

Love the colors!

jalna said...

Susan, I wish I had more!