Thursday, May 16, 2024

Chrissy's Banana Bread Mix

I bought a banana bread mix from Ross.  A couple days later while Kai was asleep, I decided to make it.  You just add 2 eggs, oil and water.  I also added some chopped nuts because Wendell likes nuts.  Super easy.

While it was baking I started doubting the outcome because for some reason it took 1/2 hour longer than the recommended 40 minutes to completely solidify.  Maybe it's my oven.

Anyway, after it was finally done Wendell cut the first piece for himself, and I stole two bites. 

I immediately ran into the bedroom, changed my clothes and made a mad dash back to Ross.  I bought 6 more boxes.  Because it was that good.  Just slightly banana-y, but very moist and very dense.

In the evening Landon tasted a piece.  He said that it was "damn good", "best he ever ate", "loved the chocolate and coconut pieces".

It's a Cravings by Chrissy Tiegen mix and was $4.99.  There's also a Chrissy's Buttermilk Mochi Pancake and Waffle Mix for the same price that I had bought for Wendell.  He really liked it so I got 2 more boxes of that too.

IMG_7288 

This is the banana bread mix.   
IMG_7282 

  IMG_7295

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

J, wow if it's Landon approved must be ono! And yet no bananas, interesting. Also cheap.Love to Kai. N

K and S said...

looked and sounded ono

Chet Colson said...

Ross has so many neat surprises.I pickup a vague of tumeric. It was organic and cheap

jalna said...

N, the banana flavor is very subtle. Kai is really enjoying your toys. And neva even bust um all out yet.

Kat, so ono.

Chet, I love Ross.

Anonymous said...

i checked out a couple of Ross's but they didn't have. Only brownie mixes.
That's a good thing. No need eat more.
v

jalna said...

V, if you come this way I can give you. I have extra because I'm a hog.