Saturday, November 8, 2008

Katch 1 Artwork

I didn't take these pictures, but I would love to get shots of my own of this mural. Does anyone know where it is? The picture is dated 6/16/2007. From what I've been able to find out it was done in the 90's by an artist called Katch 1. It might be in Pearl City.
I think this is part of the same wall, probably to the left of the mushroom mural. You can see the front of the truck above.
Not sure if this is part of the same wall 'cause the windows on the building are different.
These are details from the second picture.
Amazing, yeah . . . especially if they were really done over 10 years ago. Very, very talented guy. He now is the exclusive artist for Natural Koncept, a small skateboarding company in Los Angeles.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes aunty the place is called Katches ditch it's in pearl city indust. you have to park your car on the side an go down the ditch an we've kinda did some stuff over there before.heheheh

susie said...

I'm Game sometime if you are.

Katchkillah said...

good to see he's got another admirer.

The one with all the details was finally completed in 1997. then in 2000 World War III was finished and in 2001 Wonderland was done at Industrials (Pearl City)

Katchkillah said...

oh also check out his latest book with 20 years of his stuff at www.iamhawaii.com/store/katch1 or www.myspace.com/katchkillah

jalna said...

Wow Kory, thanks for the info!

Katchkillah said...

No problem. Been a fanatic of his for so long. anything to spread the love.

Katchkillah said...

I can't believe it's been over a decade since the first one went up and it's still there.

jalna said...

It's still up? Wow, I still haven't seen it myself. I soooo want to though. I drove to the area but never did go down the ditch. Middle-aged ladies cannot be doing stuff like that, especially by themselves.