Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Yelled at My Mom Yesterday

My mom called me in the morning. She said that the Hawaii State quarters are out, and she wanted to get one roll each for her grandkids. She said that the bank will give you only one roll per visit. She said that my brother already got one roll for her, and since she recently sprained her ankle and couldn't go herself, could I go to my bank four separate times and get her four more rolls. Honestly, tell me really, who asks somebody to do something like that? Before the words even left my mouth, I already knew I would regret it, but I just couldn't help myself. I said, "YOU want ME to go to MY bank FOUR times to get these quarter rolls?" She said, "Yes." I said, "Do you know how HUMBUG THAT IS? I HAVE TO GO TO MY BANK AND WAIT IN LINE FOUR TIMES? NO, I'M NOT DOING IT!" She replied in that weak-I'm-getting-old-apologetic voice, "Oh . . . no problem . . . don't worry about it. I'll ask your brother." Sooooo, needless to say, after work I went to the bank and waited in line. They were sold out of the quarters, but the teller said that I can go back on Monday after 9:30.

5 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Aloha, I am enjoying reading your posts. The link to it came in an email from a former classmate about a writeup on the Mana Bu Musubi shop. I've copied a few of your husband's recipes and will be trying them soon. I was born and raised in Hawaii and have lived in California for the past 46 yrs. Seeing the pictures you have taken has brought so many wonderful memories. The last time I was home was in 2004. I am long overdue for a trip. I am going to subscribe to your blog. I've read all your posts through Sept.08. :)

jalna said...

Hi Betty!! I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog. I read your comment about my husband's recipes to him and he was quite tickled. I've just visited your blog and am very impressed with your cards. I love, love, love your latest card, especially the embossing. I too love rubber stamping, but lately my supplies have been just gathering dust. I too will be following your blog and maybe I'll be inspired to start stamping again.

Betty Townsend said...

Hi Jalna, Thanks for visiting my blog too and leaving a comment. I'm retired now so spend a lot more time inking up my stamps. I have a lot of new stuff to post, just need to get it done. Stamping is a most enjoyable hobby. As you can see, though, my picture taking leaves much to be desired! :) My husband says I should go take a class. And I probably should. My latest passion is using my Cuttlebug embossing toy. You probably have seen one. It's a hand cranked machine and does both embossing and die cuts and costs a fraction of the cost of a Cricut which does mostly die cuts. I hope I do inspire you to get back into stamping. It is so much fun!!

Nippon Nin said...

Jalna, I missing your blog.

Reading this blog I understand that you were not perfect five years ago... yet still so loveable! Then and now.

I will read more of your past blog post next week.

jalna said...

Thank you Akemi!