Thursday, August 22, 2019

Wendell's Fried Oysters


Wendell and I watched Rika of NHK's Dining with the Chef fry up some marinated oysters, and Wendell decided to give it a try. I don't normally eat oysters, but they looked so good, I said that I would be down to try one.

Wendell could only find bottled oysters, and unfortunately they were a bit too "gutsy" for me.

But if you want to give it a try, below is the recipe. You can also watch the "Video on Demand" here

DSCF7850


150 g shucked oysters 

1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
potato starch
vegetable oil, for deep frying
Grate the ginger, then mix in the soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Briefly dip the oysters in the seasoning mixture, then dredge in potato starch.
Preheat oil to 170°C, and deep-fry the oysters for about 1 min, 30 sec.

6 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

I don't like big gutsy type oysters too, I like the smaller ones...Times has smaller ones sometimes. They are in a tray and have tiny plastic wrappers around each, as they are shucked, but kept in the shell.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!
izsmom

Susan said...

Me too, oysters just don't like me. I have to find the smallest ones and douse it with lemon and hot sauce and basically swallow it and then I say to myself "why do you always do this to yourself?" lol but more power to those who love them!

K and S said...

I don’t like the texture of oysters too much

Chet Colson said...

I use to love eating oysters. But I stay away from it because of fear of getting sick from bad ones. My brother ate 10 oysters at a Seattle Asian buffet last week, surprised he didn't get gout....ouch.

jalna said...

Thanks Mich! I'll look out for them for Wendell.

Izsmom, it did on the show too!

Susan, that sounds so good . . . lemon and hot sauce.

Kat, totally yah!

Chet, wow!!