Saturday, August 17, 2019

Colin's Vietnamese Garlic Lemongrass Pork Chops


My 9-year-old nephew Colin Facetimed me the other night so that I could watch him prepare some pork chops. 

The pork chops were marinated overnight and broiled the following day by my brother. Colin said that it came out "very good".
IMG_1996

Colin's mom got the recipe from a Vietnamese video online.  She translated the instructions to Colin who wrote it in his cookbook. I think she also did the chopping.
IMG_1960

IMG_1958

IMG_1962

IMG_1965

I went to visit Colin yesterday so that I could get clear photos of the recipe for you.
IMG_1976

IMG_1975

IMG_1974

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks absolutely delicious! Your nephew is so adorable. Future chef Colin!

Izsmom

K and S said...

sounds good and his cookbook inner cover drawing is so cute!

Kalin's Mommy said...

Oh he is so awesome!

Chet Colson said...

Colin,a future Chef du Cuisine in the making, that'll be his signature dish. I love pork chops with a fried banana.

Anonymous said...

j: OMG he's the next Junior Chef! I can't believe he has his own very neat, cookbook! This kid is serious and I think that is so neat. I love it that he, at his young age, is really good at one thing already - at his age I was really really good with tetherball! lol -N

Dd said...

Love love love that boy !!!! ^-^

Susan said...

Good job Colin! I hope showing this post to a 10 year old I know will inspire him to do the same. : )

Annie said...

Looks delish! But what is chicken powder???

Honolulu Aunty said...

So cute! Actually, I am going to try it tonight because I bought pork chops on sale at Times.

Mark Shelby said...

What a KEWL KID! Wheeee!

jalna said...

Izsmom, he really is adorable.

Kat, I thought so too.

Mich, I agree!

Chet, don't think I heard of pork chops with banana.

LOL, N. I was never good at tetherball.

Dd, I know!

Susan, that would be cool!

Annie, I wondered the same thing. Maybe it's like chicken bouillon but in powder form.

Oh Aunty, hope it comes out.

Mark, he is!

Leslie's pics said...

KAWAIIIII!!

Honolulu Aunty said...

I made it last night - was really good!!! Please thank Colin for me, and thank you too! I posted about it: https://honoluluaunty.com/jalnas-nephew-colins-pork-chops/

jalna said...

Les, I knooooow!!!

Awww, Aunty, I think he'll be so proud!