Sugar is an addiction - I was addicted to Coca Cola and had withdrawal symptoms when I gave it up (made a pact with God that I wouldn't drink Coke for a summer). On the day after Labor Day, I had my first swig of Coke and it tasted horrible but I still drank it up until it got me hooked again.
It can be defeated - takes about 21 days to break a habit, but temptation is sometimes too great. It is really warped that what is so bad for us tastes so good, or we think it tastes so good so we continue to indulge.
I ordered this green drink for my daughter and our good friend Naks to lose weight. Supposedly this stuff burns away fat and tastes good. When I get it I will share with you via our mutual pal Fay.
btw, I don't think you need to diet. You look fine to me.
Aunty, I think I must be addicted. And I totally agree with you that it's "warped" that ono, fattening foods taste so good. I saw a picture of a green drink somewhere. Didn't know what it was. I am always totally leery about diet pills and drinks, but if you recommend it, I'll check it out. But maybe after the challenge 'cause I would feel like I'm cheating.
Thanks Mark, but no can. I do the half cookie thing when I'm not on a diet. Being on a diet means eliminating the half!
I know what you mean. My classmate gave us her special Rice Krispies-Chocolate chip cookies and they are murder on my diet. I don't know how she gets them so crispy!!!
kokuuma
-
you often see the word koku (rich) paired with the word uma (tasty)
whenever people are describing a savory foodthey'll say it is
"kokuuma"well, I needed e...
Downwinding 10-04-2026
-
Wind: Trades
Trades are light but looks good enough!
The road to riches!
pc: Braddah Eric
Energy on high!
Can!
A good run for me!
Brad...
Mixed Plate Friday (Vegas Edition)
-
Creamy Scrambled Eggs & Chicken Breakfast Sausage We had a morning flight
so we got served breakfast. For Hawaiian Airlines, there are entrees you
can get ...
AI Is Now Used to Scam People
-
I’m not back to blogging yet, but I thought this was something important I
should pass on.
An ad popped out the other day on my iPad that had Bill Gates,...
Latest family addition
-
My ceramic friend Rita gave me a young red footed tortoise/turtle that my
grandson named Max. We won’t know if Max is a boy or girl until he/she is
older....
Descanso Gardens, 4/2/24
-
Three out of four college roommates were able to get together. Our other
roommate, Mary, is from Mountain View and it would have been an eight hour
drive...
Delhi - Day 9
-
October 2, 2019
We had another full day in Delhi before we leave for Varanasi tomorrow.
Subie met us once again to take us on a mini tour around Delhi. ...
10 comments:
Sugar is an addiction - I was addicted to Coca Cola and had withdrawal symptoms when I gave it up (made a pact with God that I wouldn't drink Coke for a summer). On the day after Labor Day, I had my first swig of Coke and it tasted horrible but I still drank it up until it got me hooked again.
It can be defeated - takes about 21 days to break a habit, but temptation is sometimes too great. It is really warped that what is so bad for us tastes so good, or we think it tastes so good so we continue to indulge.
I ordered this green drink for my daughter and our good friend Naks to lose weight. Supposedly this stuff burns away fat and tastes good. When I get it I will share with you via our mutual pal Fay.
btw, I don't think you need to diet. You look fine to me.
No problem! Only eat half a cookie! ; )
Aunty, I think I must be addicted. And I totally agree with you that it's "warped" that ono, fattening foods taste so good. I saw a picture of a green drink somewhere. Didn't know what it was. I am always totally leery about diet pills and drinks, but if you recommend it, I'll check it out. But maybe after the challenge 'cause I would feel like I'm cheating.
Thanks Mark, but no can. I do the half cookie thing when I'm not on a diet. Being on a diet means eliminating the half!
ummm.....and why is it that you have all these cookies I wonder ???
Fried foods are what I crave most when I'm on diet. Ramen is close second. I agree with Aunty...you look cute!
yummy!
They're in our lounge at work Dd. Coworker's wife makes um. They're my favorite cookies every Christmas.
Ramen, Akemi!!!!! I miss ramen too!!!!
Soooooo yummy, Kat!!
I know what you mean. My classmate gave us her special Rice Krispies-Chocolate chip cookies and they are murder on my diet. I don't know how she gets them so crispy!!!
Like Aunty said, it's "warped" that things so ono are so bad for you.
uuuuuuuuuuuuu, that looks like Laurie's cookies!!!! I ate some, ahem, plenty of those!
Post a Comment