Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Shoyu Egg


My pal Mich gave me this prepared "smoky" stock to use to flavor boiled eggs. I've seen it at Don Q, but I think she got it from Marukai. Update: Mich said she got it from Don Q.

There are two pouches for two uses in the bag.
IMG_1851

The instructions say (I think) to soak 3 boiled eggs in a bag for 10 minutes. I left mine in for about 1/2 hour.
IMG_1849

Except for my overcooking the eggs, it came out ono.  It had a very smoky flavor. I liked it! 
IMG_1853

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta look for it.

Izsmom

K and S said...

looks good!

CTS said...

Not to sound cheap but how many times can you use one bag?

Chet Colson said...

The shoe egg must taste ono with ramen or just eat it as it.

jalna said...

Izsmom, good luck!

Kat, really was very flavorful.

CTS, hahahaha . . . only one time. But, I think you could probably do 6 eggs instead of just 3.

Chet, it was ono with my ramen.

Kalin's Mommy said...

I found it at Don Q!

jalna said...

Mich, aaahhhh.