That's not the real name of the sauce, but that's what I want to call it. My cousin V shared some with me and I loooooved it. She got the recipe from here.
Below is my version. I added a little more honey than the recipe calls for ('cause that's what V did) and choke more green onions ('cause I kinda didn't understand the recipe). Supposed to be one stalk. I put around four.
Cut tofu into 8 to 20 pieces-your preference how big pieces you want. Put paper towels on a dish cloth and lay pieces on paper towel to help absorb moisture from tofu about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add 1 to 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Add the tofu and lower the heat. Cook over low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes until the bottoms of the tofu pieces turn golden brown.
- Turn over each piece and cook another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked tofu to a serving plate.
- Make yangnyeomjang (seasoning sauce) in a small bowl by mixing these ingredients:
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbs sugar (or honey)
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil