Saturday, October 30, 2021

Chicken Satay

Geri's freezer broke so all us sistahs scored some chicken from her.  I decided to try and make some Chicken Satay for Wendell and Lan's softball after-game pupus. 

Landon texted me this photo while he was grilling.  He said that it came out ono.  IMG_9407 2

Of course, I had to do it the cheat way.  Landon got this from Safeway sometime last week.  That's what gave me the idea to do the satay.  I used half of this bottle for the marinade and saved the other half to be used as a sauce to be spooned on before eating (no dipping nowadays).
IMG_9403

I researched online to come up with some kind of recipe to enhance the bottled sauce and found one that called for Turmeric and Coriander, so I was stoked to find this in our spice cabinet.  
IMG_9402

I actually considered adding coconut milk too, but didn't wanna open a can just for 1/4 cup-ish worth so I didn't.  Six thighs made 21 skewers.
IMG_9404

Here's my recipe:

1/2 bottle Signature Select Thai Style Peanut Sauce
3 cloves minced garlic
2 teaspoons Indian Curry Seasoning
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce

Marinate for a few hours.  Grill.  Broiling would probably be okay too, right?  Top with peanut sauce before eating.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You so creative! Looks onolicious.
Too much work for me to cut and skewer the chicken pieces. LOL
Izsmom

K and S said...

looks great!

Chet Colson said...

Ho, no need go Thailand for Thai cuisine or Chai's restaurant.

jalna said...

Izsmom, LOL, I kinda don't mind doing that part.

Kat, thanks.

Chet, LOL.

Susan said...

Looks amazing! Like how you added the extra punch of seasonings!

jalna said...

Susan, I felt like it probably would need it.

DNakamaru said...

More ono stuff! Thanks for sharing.