Saturday, October 16, 2021

Don't Buy This

Holy cow, it had a weird smell and taste.  I took one bite and was about to take a second one, but I just couldn't do it. 

I ended up rinsing off the noodles really well, and I put it in the fridge in a container of water.  I'm thinking that maybe later I can prepare it differently somehow, but I have my doubts.  If it has even the slightest bit of scent of that powdered broth that came with it, it's gonna make me gag.  

IMG_9267

Here it is before the powdered broth got dissolved.  Lordy, Lordy it was baaaaad.
IMG_9316

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it the noodles? Whenever you use konyaku (konjac) you're supposed to blanch it in boiling water to get rid of the smell. It smells terrible. But no calories.
V

Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens. You buys something new to try and it looks good in the photo and when you make it, Blech! I wonder what it is, that makes it taste terrible?


Izsmom

Kay said...

Yuuuck! Thank you for the warning.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Good to know, thanks!

K and S said...

wow good to know but traumatic for you!

Anonymous said...

J, oohhh so sad. It looks so ono on the box too. I don't like the chemically tasted of some powdered soup. Such a disappointment and the tight part of me regrets the waste of $$$. -N

Chet Colson said...

Yuukk........that's nasty. Glad you didn't get sick. TG, odor is an indicator of rancidness.

Susan said...

Tks for the warning! I get drawn to “healthier” foods.

jalna said...

V, not sure, but I did take a whiff of the noodles before adding in the powder, and it seemed okay.

Izsmom, I wonder too. Maybe too healthy . . . LOL.

Kay, yup.

Aunty, welcome!

Kat, hard to describe the smell.

N, I got that tight part of me too. That's why I'm saving the noodles. But I think I'm gonna trash that too.

Chet, was weird da smell.

Susan, me too lately.

Dd said...

hummm.....did you look to see what the ingredients were ??? SOOOO curious now...

Dd said...

ahhh....shirataki AND chicory root...

jalna said...

Dd, I did. Maybe it was the "natural flavors".