Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Soup Starter Mix from Ross

 Here's another Ross find that I liked.  I even went back and got a few more bags.  It was $2.99.

IMG_9216

Maybe it was adding this in that did the trick.
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 8.18.01 AM

Even Landon said that I "make good soup".   (I'm so proud.)
IMG_9230

Here's what I did:

5 slices bacon, chopped - fry and remove from pot.  Discard oil.

1 pound pork sausage - fry and remove from pot.

1 large minced onion, 1/2 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 4 cloves minced garlic - sauté until onion is transparent.

10 cups of chicken stock and soup mix - add and bring to a boil; simmer for 1 1/2 hours.

Return meats to pot before serving. 

Note:  I didn't add any seasoning at all, and it was very tasty.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! I love soups too, especially in weather like we are having now, blustery and rainy.

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Hmmm. I am not a soup person except I recently caught a terrible cold and all I ate was my favorite soup - Lipton chicken noodle soup - for days. Maybe I need to expand my soup base. I'll look for this the next time I go to Ross. Thanks!

K and S said...

looks ono!

Anonymous said...

J, ohh sounds so delish, all the good stuff in one cheap pkg rather than having to buy separate big bags that take up space for occasional use. Smart. Any line meat too, yeah, can be chicken, beef or pork. Thanx for a good idea
--N

Chet Colson said...

Pork sausage did the trick!! Its so tasty and flavorful. Next time, add Portagee sausage, Voila, you have Portagee Bean Soup.

jalna said...

Izsmom, me too!

Aunty, awwww, hope you're feeling better. I forgot about Lipton chicken noodle soup. That used to be my favorite too!

Kat, and easy to make.

N, hope you get to try.

Chet, hoo hoo, great idea!

jenny said...

Looks great! Does this mean they are all sold out cause it's all in your cabinet? LOL...I would definitely scoop this up myself if I see it! Thanks for sharing!

jalna said...

Jenny, no I did leave some on the shelf. LOL.