Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Taegu

I made this!  And it came out good!  Drawback is it makes me eat more rice.

I followed a Foodland recipe and used scallop strips from Wholesale Unlimited instead of cuttlefish.  

My bag of scallops strips was only 3 ounces (I needed 5 ounces), but it was too hard for me to calculate how much to lessen all the other ingredients to fit the recipe so I didn't. 

IMG_6435

Ingredients

5 ounces
package shredded cuttlefish
2 tablespoons
honey
2 tablespoons
sesame oil
2 teaspoons
toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon
fish sauce
2 tablespoons
kochujang 
1⁄2 tablespoon
shoyu
2 teaspoons
asian chili pepper powder

Instructions

  1. Take cuttlefish out of the package and cut into 3 inch pieces then place in a mixing bowl.
  2. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and combine with cuttlefish.
  3. Let mixture sit for 30 minutes to let the flavors combine and serve.

8 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looks so ono!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Yummy! I love Taegu and yours looks super onolicious.

Izsmom

jalna said...

Aunty, thanks!

Izsmom, go try make! It's just our style of recipe!

Susan said...

Reminds me of a banchan at Korean restaurants and yes, it’s good with lots of hot rice!

Annie said...

Oooohhhhhhh

K and S said...

yummy

Chet Colson said...

Ya, got to have the gohan with the Taegu, that's automatic.

jalna said...

Susan, yes!

Annie, easy recipe!

Kat, so yummy,

Chet, totally!