Thursday, January 7, 2021

On Da Desk

I did this on ProArt brand watercolor paper that I had found at the swap meet a few years back when I first started getting into painting.  

Watercolor paper is treated with a process called sizing, and as it ages it tends to lose this sizing.

 "Sizing aids the paper in absorbing moisture evenly, and allows the pigment to sit up on the surface where it refracts color more brightly, instead of soaking in and giving a “dull” appearance." 

The paint did turn a bit duller after it dried fully, but the pigment didn't soak through, and I liked its rough texture. Maybe it'll still be usable for a little while longer.



IMG_6356 2

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I like the texture and coloring.

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

I didn't know that paper had an expiration. But no matter, right? Still looks good!

Annie said...

Wowowow u r so talented!

K and S said...

so cool!

jalna said...

Izsmom, I liked the rough texture too!

Aunty, it'll go bad starting from the outside edges. I have a pad that's like that, but it's just for me so yah, no matter.

Annie, thanks! I keep trying.

Kat, thank you.

Susan said...

So nice!

jalna said...

Susan, thank you!