Sunday, January 24, 2021

Gouache

I'm finding that painting with gouache paint is funner and less stressful than with watercolor.  You can cover up mistakes easier with gouache. 

IMG_6589 2

I followed this YouTube tutorial done by artist Philip Boelter.  He actually did four separate videos for each plant. 

He says this:   "Follow along with your art supplies or simply just zen out to it. These videos of me painting have been known to help with anxiety and stress. Have you ever tried painting with gouache? It's similar to watercolor, but gouache it's more opaque. Please, enjoy and zen out to me painting! "

I enjoyed painting along with him.  It really was stress relieving and zen-like.  


And BTW here's my finished peony drawing. 
IMG_6561 2

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love it. You are so talented.

Izsmom

Susan said...

Absolutely beautiful! You must have a gallery full of your art work by now!

Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing your arts and yourself with us

Honolulu Aunty said...

Beeautiful!

K and S said...

pretty peony! and that gouache sounds interesting!

jalna said...

Izsmom, thank you.

Susan, no gallery, just in pads. I only know how to copy, unfortunately.

Cloudia, welcome!

Aunty, it's fun.

Kat, go try! And you're so lucky . . . you can get Holbein gouache easily there.

Annie said...

Wow!! U have such greatness for detail. Best I can do are stick people and flowers.

jalna said...

Annie, me too, before I could only draw stick figures. Just gotta practice . . . a lot.

Susan said...

Copy or not, your hand still did the work of art! (Some of us can’t even copy anything worth looking at, lol!)