Sunday, June 21, 2020

My Drunken Noodle Dish


I was curious about this Rice Flakes that I saw at Asian Grocery so I bought it. I thought I could try and make some kind of "drunken noodle" dish with it. I'm not really sure, but I think it was $1.99.

IMG_4717


I found a recipe at Food 52 here. The instructions said to soak the noodles for 10 minutes, drain, and add to your stir-fried mixture. I soaked the noodles for 1/2 hour, drained and added to my stir-fried mixture. 

I never ate a bicycle tire before, but I imagine the texture is similar. It was pretty horrible.

I attempted to save the dish by adding a bit of water and covering it. 

At about this time Wendell called and while talking to him, the bicycle-tire noodles burned.

IMG_4734

Landon said to not give up on the noodles . . . maybe next time I should boil it first.  So, okay, maybe I'll try again. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

“I never ate a bicycle tire before, but I imagine the texture is similar”. 😆😆 So sorry the noodles were bad, but what you wrote is funny.

jalna said...

Anon, hahahahaha, that's the best description that I could think of.

Honolulu Aunty said...

Even the tire analogy didn't phase me because it still looked ono!

Some instructions on the web say to soak for 10 minutes in VERY warm water - so I think that means hot. I like that you don't have to boil it and then drain. Check out this pretty Thai lady cooking mung bean noodles. She reminds me of my friend Gayln. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnban3J3seE

K and S said...

hope the next time you make it, it turns out good:)

Kalin's Mommy said...

Aw, I hate when things don't turn out!

jalna said...

Aunty, thanks for the link. I enjoyed watching it. Simple recipe and well explained. I'm jealous of her flawless skin.

Kat, hope so too!

Mich, me too, but now I know.

Leslie's pics said...

hahahaah you so funny, i never ate bicycle tire before either!

Susan said...

It looks good but meh, who wants to eat bicycle tires ??!!

jalna said...

Susan, not me!! LOL.

Erick said...

Too bad, I thought rice noodles only had to be soaked in water to soften up. Going come out more betta next time.