Monday, March 21, 2011

Sour Cream Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I made these yesterday. I got the recipe from Cooks.com. I ate two. Hey, they're kinda small. All day at work today, I dreamed of having another one. Nice banana flavor . . . so moist because of the sour cream . . . chocolate chips . . . and just a little bit of finely chopped macadamia nuts. Got home kinda late . . . about 7:30 . . . changed into my shorts and t-shirt . . . headed straight to the kitchen. Looked on the table . . . where's da muffins ? No muffin . . . not even one. . . NADA . . . NOTHING . . . ZILCH . . . PUKA . . . ZIP . . . NIL . . . NULL . . . VOID . . . ZEEEEEEEEERO. How do I get bananas to ripen fast? Paper bag? Plastic bag? 'Fridge?

IMG_5071

Until my bananas ripen, I can only look at these pictures and remember . . . *sigh*. Supposed to be dieting anyway . . .
IMG_5081

You start off with three bowls. In the first bowl you put 3 ripe bananas and 1 cup of sour cream. "Process" until smooth. I just beat and smashed um to death. Set aside.
IMG_5003

In the second bowl sift together 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 3/4 tsp. baking soda. Set aside. Susie, this da sifter you gave me!!
IMG_5006

In your third bowl beat 1 block of butter with 1 cup sugar (maybe no need so much sugar) and 1 tsp. vanilla until light and fluffy. Add 2 extra large eggs (I used 3 small), one at a time until well incorporated.
IMG_5022

Now you going add all three together "sifted dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternately with the banana mixture in 2 additions, beating only until blended".
IMG_5034

Fold in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels. I also added in 1/2 cup of finely chopped macadamina nuts 'cause Wendell likes nuts.
IMG_5041

The recipe says makes 18 muffins, but I ended up with 4 extra.
IMG_5050

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. My muffins came out a tad over done. I think it's because mine were smaller. If you end up with more than 18 muffins like I did, maybe you should bake um for a little less than 30 minutes. And eat your fill 'cause not going last long.
IMG_5088

Be sure to check out more treats here:

17 comments:

K and S said...

looks yummy!

jalna said...

Haha,thanks Kat!

:) josefina :) said...

oooh that looks goood! I just mashed up overripe bananas and have them in the freezer waiting to make something! Now I know what....

jalna said...

Oooooh, perfect, Jos!

SW said...

looks..soooo...good..makes me really hungry! great closeup shots!

Erick said...

Looks extremely ono! I would make but I not good baker.

Susan said...

Haha, funny!! I always have ripe bananas and with the sour cream in it I can only imagine what it tastes like. Can't wait to try it! Did you ever find out what happened to the rest of the muffins?

Betty Townsend said...

Super Yum!!

Dd said...

To reipen your bananas fast....place in brown paper bag and bury in your rice bin....

jalna said...

Shun Wah, I try to do my food shots more artistically, but I just don't know how and end up just shooting um macro.

I think you could Erick.

I did the math Susan. I made 22 muffins. I gave away 10 and ate 2 myself. That left 10 muffins for 4 people in my house. That means that some people had at least 3 . . . unless Kona helped himself to some . . . and good boy wouldn't do that.

jalna said...

I can't wait to make um again, Betty!

Thanks Didi!

Dd said...

That is....in a rice bin...full of rice....forgot to mention, bury IN da rice...

Betty Townsend said...

Interesting Dd, burying the bananas in the rice bin (in a brown paper bag). I just put mine in the bag. I'll have to try the rice technique. :)

Leslie's pics said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

jalna said...

Hahahahahahaha.

Lisa said...

Wow, those muffins look fantastic. Your photos really show them off at their best. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

jalna said...

Hey Lisa. Thanks for the invite . . . I've linked up.