Monday, February 2, 2009

Wendell's Drain Unclogger

Wendell did the neatest thing the other day to unplug our stopped up bathroom sink drain. He went to Blue Sky Hawaii on Dillingham and bought this bag of 36-inch cable ties. They didn't sell them singly so he had to buy a 20-pack. He said it was about $6.

He snipped off the tip and cut jagged notches into the sides. I don't have any action shots of him doing his handywork, but he said he just shoved the length of the tie down into the drain past the P-trap (the U-shaped part of the pipe) and jiggled it around to loosen all the gunk that was down there. He said some yucky black stuff came back up, but I think more importantly he probably shoved some of that gunk down too. Sooo neat yeah! The drain works good as new now. So if anybody needs some 36-inch cable ties, we got 19 of 'um that we don't need.

7 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

LOL!! My husband wants to know what a clean, already cut one would cost to mail one to him. What a genius idea! In the south they'd call that a "country boy idea"! LOL!!

bebedeer said...

Hey Jalna! Our bathtub drain is seriously plugged up. Do you think those ties would work on our tub?? - Fawn

jalna said...

Betty: For you . . . no charge!

jalna said...

Fawn: I asked Wendell about your drain. He cracked up. He said it would only work if your clog is within the 36 inches of the tie. Maybe they sell longer ones.

You know what I did one time . . . I accidentally flushed my panties down the toilet! Who does something like that, yeah?? Hey, it was dark, I was still sleepy . . . Anyway, after mopping up the overflowing water, I was already late for work. So I had to tell my father-in-law that the toilet was plugged and I couldn't think of a good enough lie so I had to tell him the truth. It was soooooo embarrassing.

Betty Townsend said...

I am laughing so hard, you are too much. I can't imagine flushing my panties down the toilet!! And to have to tell your father-in-law what happened. I bet the expression of his face was priceless! So my goodness! Hey, I'll tell Gerry, you said "no charge" for a ready made drain unclogger. I think I can start my day now after a good laugh!! :)

Leslie's pics said...

uh, you're sharing this story with um....the WHOLE WORLD?? Are you nuts? HILARIOUS!!!

jalna said...

It's too funny to keep to myself.