Friday, February 13, 2009

Korean Cuisine Blog

A couple weeks ago I made some Soon Do Bu. I found the recipe from the Korean Cuisine blog. The author of the blog is a very brave young woman who was very recently diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Her post for today is entitled, Dear Appah. It touched me. Below is an excerpt from the blog's "About Me" section.

I’m just a Korean-American mommy and wife that loves to cook, but hates thinking about WHAT to cook. Most of the recipes on this site are things I took note of through trial and error over the last four years of marriage. All the dishes on this site were marked with the seal of approval from my Korean husband (aka the MR) and three year old son (aka Munchkin).

In November 2008 I was diagnosed with a somewhat rare cancer called Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. My tumor was removed surgically and now I'm resting up for radiation. I was told that there is no drug available out there that combats this cancer. The best people with ACC can do is hope that the cancer never comes back. Some DR's liken ACC to a chronic condition because it likes to come back even 10-15 years after initial treatment.I don't know whether I will live 5 years, 10 years, or 25 years, but I choose to believe that I will defy all statistics and live until I'm 80. I am not a statistic. I am an individual!My new mantra lately has been, "I want to live. I need to live. I will live."

1 comment:

Betty Townsend said...

Wow, I read this person's blog post. She has a fantastic father! This post really touched me too. Thanks for sharing it, Jalna.