Kat from Our Adventures in Japan presented me with this Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award!! Thank you Kat! I love being a part of this blogger Sisterhood, a kinship of like-minded women who just like to share.
As part of my award I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself. In trying to come up with the 7 things, my mind kept reverting to memories from long ago. So I decided to share these memories.
1. One of my earliest memories is that of my father tossing me into the air, and my mom saying, "Stop it! You're scaring her." I remember being scared to death, but pretending to laugh because I knew that that's what he wanted.
2. When my sister Geri was 4 years old and I was 9, she found 2 dimes on the ground. She gave me one. When she realized that hers wasn't real and mine's was, she asked for the dime back. I said, "No." And I bought a Snickers.
3. When I was in the first grade at Japanese School, my deskmate stole my Cinderella watch.
4. I had just gotten done taking a bath, when I heard a noise coming from outside of the bathroom window. I was about 7 years old at the time. I stood on the toilet so that I could look out the window and see where the noise was coming from. All of a sudden the neighbor boy Jason's face appeared. He had climbed up the two stories to sneak a look. We both scared each other. He slipped and fell to the ground with a thud.
5. I hate to kill ants . . . as explained here.
6. When I was in the 4th grade working on cafeteria duty, I accidentally banged one of the cafeteria workers with a cart that I was pushing. She grunted and gave me a disgusted look. I felt so bad that I never forgot it.
7. My sister Didi's real name is Deirdre. When she was 4 years old my mom decided to teach her how to write her name. With so many letters to her name, Didi had a hard time. So when my brother was born that same year, my mom named him Cy.
Surf Report 04-22-2017 - Waves: 1+ Feet Wind: Trades Pau already! Swell is down but still fun! Sent from my iPhone
16 hours ago