This is one of the dishes that Didi brought for Thanksgiving. She was trying to recreate the harm joong I blogged about earlier. It was really good. I think it's simple enough for all you good cooks out there, but it's a little too complicated for me. Her recipe follows.
In Didi's words:
Sooo………..wanted to make kinda like that mochi wrapped in the lotus leaf stuff that you said you liked so much….you had it on your blog a while back, I feel you REALLY need the lotus leaves for that missing flavor….anyways….here you go………..dang, I knew, I should’ve measured….
- 3 c. glutinous rice, soak overnight, soak in large container to allow room for rice to expand (1 ½ x’s in size)
- Drain rice COMPLETELY
MISE EN PLACE:
- 6 dried shitake mushrooms, soak, drain, reserving 1 c. of water, remove stems, finely chop
- 1/3 c. black fungus, soaked, drained, finely chop
- 2 TB SMALL dried ebi, soak in ¼ cup of water, reserve all liquid, finely chop
- 2 links, CHICKEN lup cheong sausage, thinly sliced in rounds
- 3 TB chopped green onion, white parts only
- 1/2 cup shredded turkey meat ** or dark chicken meat, or Chinese Roast duck meat
I did all my mise en place the night before, so when ready to cook rice:
- Place rice in rice cooker
- Measure 3 cups of water, using shiitake mushroom water and dried ebi water, to remaining water, dissolve 1 bag non MSG dashi no moto. Add into cooker
- Top with remaining ingredients
- Press da button
- Garnish with 3 TB chopped green onion, green parts only
Surf Report 11-27-2014 - Waves: 1 Foot Wind: Trades Surf is still small! Tony and I went fish! No keepers today, plenty baby papios. We released them all to grow bigger! Happy Thanks...
1 hour ago