Thursday, August 15, 2024

Dd's Pan-Fried Rib Eye Steak

 I think Didi didn't really have a recipe for this, but I asked her for one because it looked so good.

peppercorn crusted rib eye

2 each 10-14 oz. bone in rib eye steaks

Kosher salt, as needed

Freshly cracked black pepper, as needed

3-4 TB butter

1 TB olive oil

Garnish: straight/creamed horseradish

 

Generously salt and pepper both sides of rib eyes. Allow to sit in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.  


In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat melt butter. Add oil. Sear rib eye well, turn over. Baste with butter oil mixture until seared on both sides and done to your preference.


Serve with horseradish. Serves 2 with leftovers.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Looks so delicious!


Izsmom

Anonymous said...

I think this makes a lot of smoke. I think i'll take my hot plate out to the yard and try.
v

Honolulu Aunty said...

Yum! Great idea to use horseradish. After all, we use it for prime rib. Mouth watering!

K and S said...

her food always looks ono!

Susan said...

Mmmm, I don’t eat steak a lot but when I do, ribeyes are my choice!! (With finadene!)😊

jalna said...

It does, yah!

jalna said...

That's such a good idea.

jalna said...

I agree!

jalna said...

She totally knows how!

jalna said...

Uuuuuu, finadene!