Saturday, August 17, 2024

Da Best Pho

Da Best Pho is actually the name of the place and not really my opinion, but I really did like the two noodle soups that I got.  It's located in Market City, my old stomping grounds on the way to Kaimuki High School.  It's great that they open at 9:00 am, perfect for me because that's about the time when I'm in that area on my way home from the swap meet.  

On the left is Wonton Soup with Egg Noodle ($16.99) and on the right is Crab Meat Soup ($18.99).  My favorite part of both was the crispy chicken skin that they gave for garnish. 

IMG_8249 

  IMG_8252 

  IMG_8478 

  IMG_8257 

  IMG_8254 

  IMG_8255 

  IMG_8256

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. I like that they open early. After my morning walk I like getting my shopping done while I’m out already.


Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Esther and I go there to eat sometimes - when Yi Xin Cafe is closed. Nice people. They used to have the 6 courses of beef - same as Super Pho on Waialae Avenue. The crab soup looks good!

Chet Colson said...

It's funny how restaurants make the claim they're Da Best. It's subjective. I'm glad you enjoy it. I will try this place. The first thing I do before eating, is taste the broth.

Anonymous said...

J, wow looks ono. I love Vietnamese food cuz its not as "heavy" as other foods and love the veggies. N

Cloudia said...

Mahalos for the tip!

K and S said...

crispy chicken skin! yess!

KirkK said...

Awesome, I'm born and raised in Kaimuki, so it's always good to se new stuffs for me to check out!

jalna said...

Me too. I like to get my errands done early.

jalna said...

I've never been to Super Pho. Now I'm trying to remember the name of the saimin (?) place that was in that location forever. Was saimin, right?

jalna said...

Me too, broth is the most important.

jalna said...

I love the lightness of Vietnamese food too.

jalna said...

Welcome!

jalna said...

It was such a nice surprise!

jalna said...

I grew up in Palolo Valley and walked to Kaimuki often.