Monday, January 23, 2023

Cleta's Swedish Apple Pie


Cleta said:  I used 10 wrinkled apples -- no pie crust.  I cut the sugar by 1/4 cup.  Came out ono.  Fastest dessert I ever made.  One for us, one for neighbor who gave jai and one for neighbor who gave aveoveo. 

Me (thinking):  I wish I was your neighbor.

The recipe is from Hostess at Heart site.  Thanks for sharing, Cleta!!


Resized_Resized_20230122_143640

 

Ingredients

Pie Filling

  • 5 Granny Smith apples or enough to fill a pie plate 2/3 full
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon

Topping

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1/8 tsp salt (pinch)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 325°F
  • Peel, core, and slice apples 1/4" thick.  Fill pie plate 2/3 full.  Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
  • In a medium-sized bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Spread over the apples in the pie plate.
  • Bake for 1 hour or until crust lightly browns.
  • Cover leftovers with aluminum foil and refrigerate.

8 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looks so ono and sounds so easy! Looks like it has a sprinkling of almonds on the front pie.

Me too. I wish I was her neighbor.

Anonymous said...

this looks simple! maybe I should try.
v

K and S said...

kinda like apple crisp

Anonymous said...

Looks so scrumptious and doable!


Izsmom

jalna said...

Aunty, I wish I was YOUR neighbor too.

V, I know, me too.

Kat, first thing I thought of was it would be good with vanilla ice cream.

Izsmom, totally!!

Chet Colson said...

Ouuu......put a scoop vanilla ice cream on top, make a Swedish apple pie ala mode.

jalna said...

Chet, EXACTLY!!

Susan said...

I love homemade anything! Love the almonds on top!