Sunday, August 15, 2021

"Like New"

Do you remember the craft weaving loops that I got from Amazon for half price because the packaging was damaged?  If not, you can check out the story here.  

Last month, I decided to try again.  This time with a desk lamp.  The lamp was selling for $13.  A "like new - packaging will be damaged" one was going for $8.  

This is what the mailman delivered.  Ho!  The packaging was totally damaged.  LOL.IMG_8429

And the lamp?  Not "like new" at all.  There were scuff marks all over and a huge crack at the base.  Luckily, Amazon makes returns so easy now.  No need even put in a box or attach a label.  

You just take your item in hand to a UPS store and show them the QR code which Amazon will send you when returning something, and that's it. 

Too bad the lamp didn't work out, but now I know . . . "like new" may not really be.IMG_8433

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know!

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

I don't know how Amazon does it. You can return for no reason at all and at their cost. Makes it super convenient for the buyer. They even have their own brand - "Amazon Basics" - but I still like shopping at places like City Mill.

K and S said...

bummer but at least it was easy to return

Susan said...

Whoa! : ( I’ve had better “like new” experiences with Amazon. Sorry it didn’t work out.

jalna said...

Izmom, was worth the try.

Aunty, I just went to City Mill too. Bought a bottle of "rooting hormone". My brain is so crazy. I'm thinking about cutting branches from neighbor's lemon tree and trying to grow them. Not sure yet though. The candidates don't really look all that healthy to me. They're kinda spindly with plenty scaly bugs on um.

Kat, so easy to return.

Susan, it's okay. It was more of an experiment to me. That's why I chose a pretty cheap item.

jenny said...

Ho brah...no way your item would have made it out alive lol. I had a similar experience where Amazon shipped my item in its original packaging and not in another box...and it came totally damaged. I was able to return it and get a replacement easily but in case you never know, you can always opt out of that option and make them put it in their own amazon box to ship out to you. I learned the hard way, if you see this message at checkout "Item arrives in packaging that shows what’s inside. To hide it, choose Ship in Amazon packaging," just click on the that Ship in Amazon packaging button...problem solved! Just wanted to share that tidbit. :)

Kay said...

Ouch! But it sure is nice that the returns are so easy.

jalna said...

Jenny, thanks for the tip!

Kay, sure is convenient.