Sunday, August 1, 2021

Edamame Salad


I got the recipe for this dish from my cousin V.  I might've gone overboard on the bacon, and maybe shoulda called this Bacon Salad with Edamame.  I forgot to buy celery so it's not included.  I didn't miss that at all.  This is a 1/2 recipe.  Except for the bacon. 😂

IMG_8658

3660 on the Rise Edamame Salad

2-1/2 pounds shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
2 small stalks celery, diced
4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
1/2 cup bacon bits
» Dressing:
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

Combine edamame, celery and lettuce; toss.

Combine dressing ingredients; whisk until well combined. Toss with vegetables. Top with cheese and bacon bits.   Serves 6.

Tips from V:   I substitute the broccoli for the iceberg lettuce and marinate the broccoli overnight or at least several hours before.  
This is a big recipe so the dressing is a LOT!   I make half recipe of everything plus I cut down the sugar.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh sounds good and not too many ingredients, I think I can do. LOL Thank you to V and you for sharing.


Izsmom

Anonymous said...

Your bacon looks so good. No such thing as too much bacon LOL. I cheat and buy the bag of bacon bits from Costco.
Main reason I substitute broccoli for the iceberg lettuce is the broccoli keeps better if there is leftovers.
V

K and S said...

yum reminds me of a recipe called 24 hour salad

Annie said...

I LOVE bacon

Honolulu Aunty said...

Same dressing as your broccoli salad? I made it and everyone liked it but I overcooked the broccoli. I'll also try this one - thanks!!!

jalna said...

Izsmom, 😂

V, using broccoli is a great idea. My lettuce totally got wilted after awhile and watered down the dressing.

Kat, that sounds familiar.

Annie, me too!

Aunty, yeah, same dressing!

Anonymous said...

Auntie: don't cook the broccoli for either salad. Just use raw. The dressing takes the "raw" out which is why I like to marinate the broccoli for at least a few hours before adding the rest of the ingredients.
v

Susan said...

Wow, looks yum!

jalna said...

V, thanks for the extra tip!

Susan, it was yummy!