Friday, August 13, 2021

One Biiiiiig Avocado

Wendell's friend gave him this huge avocado a few days ago.  He said that he was driving past his niece's house on the way to their softball practice when he saw it on the ground in her yard.  So he stopped and picked it up.  A bit of a strange story, no?

Anyway, no matter 'cause I scored.

IMG_8747

The seed was big, yet it had a lot of flesh.  At first I wasn't quite sure what I was gonna make with it.
IMG_8753  

I cubed half of the avocado and saved the other half for later.  I mashed it up a little and added the juice from half a lemon.  The lemon was really juicy.  Guess where it came from.
IMG_8754

Damn Rabbit neighbor's tree.  Kinda funny yah since it was Damn Rabbit that ate up a bunch of my lemon seedling plants 8 years ago.  Actually, I think it's a different family living there now.

A good amount of fruit-bearing branches are extending over into our yard.  
IMG_8721

But anyway, I digress.  I added chopped up cilantro, salt and pepper . . . 
IMG_8757

and made an avocado/bacon/tomato toast!!   It was yummy!!
IMG_8764

And then I did this.  Oh oh.  Some of you might remember what happened the last time I did this.  If not, you can click here to see. 
IMG_8773

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! Score indeed! Guacamole 🥑!

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Guacamole, tomato and bacon smoosh? To die for.

I planted 2 (actually 3 because one died) avocado trees in the ground. THEN I googled about planting avocado trees. They should be planted higher than the ground (oops - I dug deep and planted them below) and they need shade or they get sunburned. Also, if the leaves turn brown, it might be bugs, it might be fungus, it might be that it needs to have the soil flushed with slow drip watering.

Please wish me luck because they seem to be struggling in this summer heat. And just in case, I have another little tree in a pot on standbye.

K and S said...

looks so ono!

jalna said...

Izsmom, LOL.

Aunty, GOOD LUCK with your plants!! So funny that you have a standbye plant.

Kat, I wanted to eat the leftovers today but it didn't happen. Hopefully tomorrow.

Susan said...

That looks so delicious! Our neighbor gives us huge avocados all season long. I have to share them with friends because I can’t eat it all!

jalna said...

Susan, so lucky!