Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Tomato Mozzarella Salad


I'd been thinking of making some kind of tomato and mozzarella salad for awhile, but wasn't sure what would be the best (easiest) way to do it. 

Then, lo and behold, like magic the answer appeared on Maybeitsjenny.  Jenny made a pasta salad and used a store-bought (Sam's) marinated mozzarella that seemed like it would be perfect for me.

I put 3 cut-up Roma tomatoes into a bowl and added some (sorry, dunno the amounts) marinated mozzarella, Thai basil, olives, and salami slices.

IMG_8741

Then I made a half batch of Jenny's dressing below and added that.  It was winnahs!!!  Thanks Jenny!!

Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
2 T honey
1 T dijon mustard
1/2 t fine sea salt
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
1 large clove garlic, minced or grated
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil


This is the marinated mozzarella that I used.  It was from Costco.
IMG_8738

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

and if you stuffed it into a crusty baguette it would be winnahs squared!!!
v

jenny said...

Oh my gosh! You so fast and that looks so delicious!! Didn't know Costco sells the mozzarella salad too so that's great to know. Some people like to save the reserve oil for other things (like dipping bread) but I trying to be (somewhat) good. So glad it all worked and maybe I go try make your recipe too! Also thai basil is a new twist I never would have thought of...I like this interpretation!

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious!

Izsmom

Honolulu Aunty said...

Ono and healthy! Can't go wrong with mozzarella, basil and tomatoes - like a caprese salad with more ooomph. Jenny has the best recipes and I make her origami spam musubi all the time because it is SO easy. It might be my next post since I hardly post nowadays.

K and S said...

looks so ono!

Susan said...

Looks amazing!!

jalna said...

V, hoo hoo!!

Jenny, thank you. You made it easy for me!

Izsmom, so refreshing.

Aunty, oooh, looking forward!

Kat, came out good!

Susan, thanks.

Chet Colson said...

God, I love mozzarella. In Naples,Italy, we had the real McCoy. It's served in salads, pizza or just eat it plain.

jalna said...

Chet, ho, must've been so ono!