Thursday, March 4, 2021

Stromboli

I made this on Saturday, kinda spur of the moment, when Landon invited a few of his friends over to hang out in the yard after golfing.  Only thing . . . I took so long, they left before it was done. Hahahaha!!!  Never mind.  It made for good blog material.

The recipe for the dough is below and came from Sally's Baking Addiction site.  I cut the dough in fourths and made four mini strombolis.
IMG_7153

I made two of these with mayo (I shoulda put more), cheddar cheese, ham and sautéed onions.IMG_7157

And two of these . . . pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. 
IMG_7160

Roll them up, brush on an egg wash and cut some pukas on top.
IMG_7161

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.  Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
IMG_7166

Pizza dough:

Mix:
1 1/3 cup warm water
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast (1 pack)
1 tablespoon sugar

Cover and rest for 5 minutes.

Add:
2 tablespoons olive oil (I used melted butter)
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups flour

Mix and knead for 5 minutes.  Grease and place in bowl, cover and rest for 60 to 90 minutes.

Punch down and divide in fourths.  Flatten out and add fillings.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love stromblolis! Great job, looks so ono. Maybe I gotta go sbarros (are they even still here)? But wait, if you made them for Landon's friends and they went home, you have leftovers, right?????
v

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Izsmom

jenny said...

Well they look great! What's the verdict on the taste?!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh - plenty work! I want to try out Jenny's origami spam musubi. Looks so easy and okay to just make one or two. If I had surprise guests that would be my go-to snack.

jalna said...

V, LOL, we ate for lunch the next day.

Izsmom, thanks.

Jenny, they kinda lacked in flavor. I shoulda put more mayo and pizza sauce.

Aunty, for real! Next time I'll go for Jenny's musubi too.

Chet Colson said...

good Landon's friends left before you were done. Hey, more for Landon and the family.......Lol. There use to be a Italian restaurant in Hawaii Kai called Stromboli's.

Susan said...

My grandsons would love this!

jalna said...

Chet, hahahahaha, you're right. They already had a lot to eat anyway. I totally forgot about that restaurant!

Susan, try make!!!

Erick said...

Came out good, too bad they had to leave.