Saturday, March 27, 2021

Candied Sweet Potato

We had leftover sliced sweet potato that didn't get tempura'd the other night so I looked up ways to make use of um.  This looked interesting so I tried it.  I like how it came out.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 2.18.37 PM

First, I boiled the slices until they were tender . . . around 15 minutes.  I drained them and set aside.

Then I made a syrup following a recipe from the Just One Cookbook site.

Bring to boil on medium heat:
5 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon mirin

Add:
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon shoyu

When the syrup seemed thick enough I threw in the potatoes to coat and then garnished with sesame seeds.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Looks scrumptious.

Izsmom

Kalin's Mommy said...

I love the satsuma roasted potato from Don Q or Keeaumoku Market, but OMG it makes my blood sugar go sky high! Your pic looks so delicious! I am drooling, LOL!

Honolulu Aunty said...

That looks gooood!

jalna said...

Izsmom, like candy. LOL.

Mich, I was wondering. This version must be really bad.

Aunty, I think for only once in awhile it's okay.

Susan said...

I don’t think I’d be able to stop eating that till all done!

jalna said...

Susan! I have to force myself to eat just one or two.

K and S said...

yum

jalna said...

Kat, yah!