Saturday, March 13, 2021

After the Rain

Here's another short video of my backyard which you guys are pretty familiar with already.  I shot it in 4K with my Fuji XT2.  I love the images that the Fuji produces, but ho it gets hot fast when shooting in 4K, and then it shuts down to prevent it from overheating.  

I ordered an extension tube for it so that I can take macro shots.  I don't think it'll be as good as my Canon macro lens, but I'm crossing my fingers.  The mailman is supposed to bring it today.  I can't wait. 

BTW, sad news . . . Poki II and his brother died.  I suspect the mom laid the eggs on the wrong plant.  I blame her.  There's a vine that you'll see in today's video.  I think I should've been feeding them leaves from that plant instead.  That's the type of plant that the original Pokipine came from anyway. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So clear and crisp the video. What kind of vine is that? Looks like there were berries on it.

Izsmom

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what kind of bird that was until I full sized the video lol. Love the soundtrack.

jalna said...

Izsmom, I'm loving the video coming from the Fuji. It's getting me back into cameras again. I'm not sure what kind of plant that vine is.

Anon, too funny!!

Susan said...

Nice viewing things from different eyes. The music is perfect!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Nice show! Your tillandsias are huge! And love the music from your score find at the Swap Meet!
So sad about pokipine 2.

Anonymous said...

lilikoi vine and green fruit
v

K and S said...

bummer pokipine died, cool video though!

jalna said...

Susan, thanks.

Aunty, thank you. That was such a score CD! And yah, I was pretty sad about Poki.

V, thanks!

Kat, yah.