Sunday, July 26, 2020

Yellow Roses for Kona


On the day that Kona passed away, my friend Naomi brought over a bouquet of yellow roses. Yellow roses are a symbol of friendship and caring. So nice, yah.

The other day I made some handmade paper.  I used some of the dried petals from the bouquet and torn bits of gold origami paper (thank you Honolulu Aunty). If you're interested I wrote about making paper awhile back here

IMG_4973

Here are cards that I made with the paper. 
IMG_4976

It's been a month since Kona passed. I'm slowly adjusting to the new normal here. Thank you peoples for all your kind words. They've really helped.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Love and Hugs to you.

Izsmom

Anonymous said...

j: oh my gosh it's so gorgeous - call it Kona's cards. -N

Honolulu Aunty said...

Very lovely! Glad you are creating and feeling better.

Susan said...

Beautiful tribute to Kona!

jalna said...

Izsmom, thank you!

N, great idea.

Aunty, thanks!

Susan, ❤️

Anonymous said...

better name Kona's Gold, yeah its not pakalolo though! -N