Sunday, July 12, 2020

Dd's Swedish Meatballs


Hoo hoo, here's another one of Didi's dishes.

The recipe is from the Food Network site. 

swedish meatballs



Ingredients


For the meatballs:
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup minced white onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound lean ground pork
1 large egg plus 1 egg white, beaten
Vegetable oil, for brushing
For the gravy:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup heavy cream
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Lingonberry jam, for serving (optional)

7 comments:

Lorna said...

So many wonderful-looking dishes. Not good when I’m “trying” to lose weight.

Honolulu Aunty said...

I used to love these from IKEA. Made the kids take me there and I bought the frozen meatballs, gravy mix, and lingonberry jam to bring home. You know? I never used them and they all expired after years of keeping them. So lazy. I need a cook.

K and S said...

just like the meatballs they serve at ikea:)

Chet Colson said...

Ah...no tequila in this recipe?

jalna said...

Hey Lorna! I'm "trying" too.

Aunty, you so funny. I just trashed a box of instant oatmeal that was expired but never opened.

Kat, I've never been to an IKEA. Didn't know they had food.

Chet, LOL.

Susan said...

I’m amazed with everything she cooks!

jalna said...

Susan, me too!!