Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Landon had a craving for some chewy chocolate chip cookies so I tried to make some.  Recipe is from I Heart Eating site.

Came out ono, but not exactly "chewy".  I wonder if it's because I ignored adding the egg yolk. 

IMG_4865

INGREDIENTS

1 cup butter
1 ½ cups brown sugar (packed)
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour2
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or scant 1/2 teaspoon table salt)
10 ounce package chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.

Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. The butter should be just melted.
Add brown sugar to a large bowl.
Pour melted butter over sugar.
Stir to combine butter and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
Add egg and egg yolk; stir to combine.
Stir in vanilla extract.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon), drop scoops of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. The centers should still look soft and slightly underbaked. That will help to keep the cookies soft. 

Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.

8 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Chocolate chip cookies are my weakness. But I like them crispy. The Tollhouse recipe on the back of the semi-sweet chocolate chips is my favorite. If I want them crispy I add a bit more butter to the recipe/and or a bit more sugar. Maybe if you put less sugar or butter/oil it would make it chewy? Also, not cooking it as long.

btw, if Landon didn't like the cookie I'll pick up his rejects.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks good. I put on 5 lbs just looking at it. Yummy 😋

Izsmom

K and S said...

looks ono!

Chet Colson said...

A glass of milk would complimented those yummy cookies .

Mark Shelby said...

That's awesome! When I was a teen my best friend Mark Thomas and I would go surfing every day after school. My Mom would take us to Tonggs off Diamond Head. I would tell Mom, please pick us up 30 mins. after sunset so we could use all of the light to surf more. When we got to my house we would bake chocolate chip cookies while doing our homework. We would pull the cookies out and stand in front of the open oven to get warm! What fun we had with our cookies!

Mark Thomas Dad owned Love Thomas Motors on Kapiolani. He was my best friend since 3rd grade at Kahala Elementary. I wish I could find him! Lost touch.

jalna said...

Aunty, me too, I prefer crispy.

Izsmom, me too!

Kat, thanks.

Chet, and. milk is cheap now. LOL.

Mark, awww, love your memories.

Susan said...

I love cookies! I made some too the other day.

jalna said...

Susan, I've been making pies with the milk being so cheap lately.